Thursday, 29 October 2015

To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han | Review


Genre: Contemporary , Young Adult
Publication Date: April 15th 2014
Publisher: Simon and Schuster 
Rating: 5/5

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all. 

This book was adorable. You know that warm and fuzzy contemporary feeling? This book had that from start to finish and I never wanted it to end. I've been in a reading slump since September and even though I've read a few books since then , I just wasn't enjoying them. I felt the joy of reading again with this book and I want to read all day every day again.

Our main character , Lara Jean has written love letters to all 5 boys who she has loved and keeps them in her room but when the secret letters are sent out she has to face her feelings! She felt like a very real character to me and I liked how she had these unrealistic expectations of love among other little things.

Lara Jean has an older and a younger sister and the relationship between them was beautiful and relatable. All of the characters in this book were interesting and overall they made a great story.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good heartwarming story! I can't wait to read the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment